Kinect Adventure Pack Review 3/5



Kinect Adventures - Follow on from the Xbox 360 Kinect Review

Price: £130 including the Kinect


The package I purchased came with a free game - Kinect Adventures. Although not quite perfect, the technology is jaw dropping at times. When I first logged in and began using it, I couldn't help but feel like I was in a sci-fi movie when I raised my hand to select a game type. The game involves the users going on their own adventures which range from river rafting to popping bubbles in space. Each level requires the user to obtain a certain amount of objects or pins with the aim of achieving bronze, silver, gold or platinum medals based on your performance. The game also incorporates the use of leader boards which can be compared with your friends across Xbox Live, as well as storing various pictures of the players in Kung Fu like poses.

Although incredibly fun to begin with, there are limited adventures and it can quickly become monotonous. That being said, on the first play we easily passed an hour and a half before tiring out and giving up. This game would definitely fit in well at a party and is generally a good bit of fun. It does a good job of showing off the features of the Kinect and even tiring you out but it's not a game I would choose to play on my own.
It is bright, colourful and has clear instructions on how to play each game mode and I can certainly envisage younger members of my family spending hours jumping around in front of the t.v.
This game sparked my love for the Kinect, it's just a shame there isn't a little more variety!
3/5