Interpet Apmini Aquarium Air Pump Review - 4/5 - PLUS How to make an aquarium or pond air pump quieter.



** If you want to see how to make any air pump quieter, click here . The article is so popular I made it into a post **

Interpet Apmini Aquarium Airpump plus how to make an aquarium or pond air pump quieter.

Cost £10.55 with a 1 year warranty

I have recently been looking for an air pump for my tropical fish aquarium. The main reason for this is to oxygenate the water but I also want my tank to look a little nicer. I went to my local pet shop and had a look at what was on offer. I noticed a few products made by Interpet which seemed to be reasonably priced and I know that they are a good brand. I finally settled on an Interpet Aquarium Air Pump Apmini – "suitable for a 1x1 airstone / 1 ornament / 18” under-gravel filter".

In the package I got:
The airline with the included distributor.
1x Air Pump
1m Airline
1 Airstone distributor

The pump itself looks like a standard air pump. It is a fairly small plastic square mounted on rubber feet to reduce noise from the unit. Interpet write on the box that the pump features quiet operation, stylish discreet case, high reliability, powerful airflow and better air quality.

I have used several air pumps in the past and it has to be said I have seen quieter ones albeit quieter ones that cost about four times as much. Personally I can live with the noise and the noise of my pump is about the same level so i'm no worse off having both switched on. At this price, you can't expect silence. 

Installation of the pump was very easy. I unwound the free airline that it came with and plugged an ornament I had purchased in. Then, I just pushed the other end of the airline into the pump, placed the pump at a level higher than the tank and I was on my way.

The pump comes with a small instruction booklet which details how to install and take proper care of the unit.
Currently the pump has been on for around 8 hours and everything is absolutely fine with it! At this price, most air pumps come with no extras so you have to spend around 5 pounds on the airlines and distributors or ornaments!

I give it 4/5 stars. The reason it didn’t get 5 is because of the very slight noise issue.