How to make an aquarium or pond air pump quieter:

Since publishing my review of an aquarium / pond air pump yesterday I have received a massive amount of traffic looking for search terms such as: how to make air pump quieter, quiet air pump and quieting an air pump plus many, many more.


To help these people out a bit I will publish what I did to my air pump in its own post along with a few other pointers.

I managed to reduce the noise of this pump to pretty much nothing! I believe it will work with any air pump due to the fact you just need to place a bulldog paper clip onto the airline! 
Make sure you get a couple of bulldog paper clips and place them on the airline like in the picture! I promise it makes it much quieter.


What else can you do:


1) Keep your air stones and decorations clean - A build up of dirt can contribute to noise!


2) Make sure the pump is on a solid surface away from anything that can vibrate - put something soft underneath it (be careful not to cover the intake valve)


3) Make sure the pump is above the aquarium (NOT directly above or anywhere it can wet get or fall in)

Leave me a comment if this helps!

No comments: