Swann Security ThumbCam Mini DVR 415 Camera Review 4/5




Price: £59.99

Swann Security sent me their new Mini Digital Video Camera. My first impression of this product is how small it is! Its a tiny little security camera and comes with a 2GB memory card for up to about 40 minutes recording time (video and audio to .AVI)



The camera itself records at 720 by 480 pixels and comes with various accessories. In the box I got:
Camera (duh...)
Lanyard
3 clips (1 Wall bracket, 1 belt clip and 1 general purpose clip)
USB cable
2GB memory card
Silicon Cover
Software

I can see the camera being used by security companies and home users alike. The little camera can be clipped onto any clothing or anywhere else you can think of and with one touch recording could come in handy. It charges and transfers data via the USB cable so no wall socket is needed and it charges whilst your transferring!

I have tested the camera extensively and have gone over my allotted time with the product (Sorry Swann). I put the camera in my pocket and as its so small it doesn't get in the way and I kept forgetting I had it on me. When I wanted to take a video (like when I saw an AA van that had broken down being rescued by an even bigger AA lorry) I quickly got it out and started to record! In the right hand side of the camera is a MicroSD card slot so you can quickly change memory cards if it fills up!

This is one of the products you actually need to read the instructions for. The settings are easy to use and set after you have read about them for a few minutes but out of the box I don't think you will get very far!

Swann say the battery lasts around 60 minutes recording time and I have been getting around that mark.

There really is an endless list of things you can do with this camera and places you can put it! I would definitely recommend purchasing one. The only downside I can see is the price of 60 pounds. I think if it were to be reduced slightly I would give it 5/5!

Rating: 4/5!!