Canon IXUS 105 12MP Digital Camera 5/5!

I bought this camera purely because I take hundreds of photos wherever I go and it's important to me that I get a good quality camera as I enjoy getting photos printed out rather than just keep them on my laptop. I can't say I had been particularly searching for a digital camera but knew that the phone I wanted had a 5mp camera and felt like I needed something better.



Knowing that Currys usually have good offers on in store, I went in and had a look at the cameras they had behind the counter. My decision was strongly based on the megapixels, colour/style of the camera and also how the camera runs, for example, battery powered or charged through mains.

I compared this canon with a sony camera and also a samsung dual screen camera, all three being 12.1mp. They were all of a similar size and come in various colours. I ruled out the samsung because having a screen on the front is not on my list of priorities and is not worth paying an extra £40-50 for.

My final decision was to be made between Sony and Canon. I asked to see both of the cameras turned on but soon realised after taking a few photos that the display screen on the Sony wasn't very sharp and was a little fuzzy. The screen on the Sony Ixus 105 however, is much clearer, almost perfect for reviewing previously taken photos.

Upon opening the box I found a USB cable, AV cable, solutions disc, manuals disc and carry strap. The dimensions for the camera are as follows: Size H5.58, W9.05cm, D [when camera is off] 2.12cm.

The camera has image stabilization and is charged by mains. Other features include : face detection technology, scene detection technology and supports video shooting with videos stored in VGA format.

RRP: £129.99 purchased for £89.98 with an extra of £21 3 year insurance covering any fault, accidental damage or product defect.

As I am not a camera expert, I am basing my overall score on how the camera meets my needs and expectations. It is slim, light and stylish and does the job perfectly so, as a camera for my every day use it receives a score of 5/5.